[Grok-dev] Re: a mystery ZODB breaking dependency issue

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Feb 25 10:02:42 EST 2008

Hey,

Uli Fouquet wrote:
[snip]
> The strange situation in this case would be, that your 0.10 Grok uses
> too recent versions and is in a way 'newer' than 0.11.x.

I think this is a very good theory. It also relieves me as this means we
should be fine post 0.11.

> I'm really not sure, whether this is the reason, nor how to fix it
> properly, but you might try to use a more recent version of
> zope.app.session with your 0.11 Grok (edit the versions.cfg, if you run
> a buildout version). This might give us a hint. Which version of
> zope.app.session is included in the bin/test of your 0.10 Grok?

By the way, you can also override the versions.cfg in your own project's
buildout:

[versions]
zope.app.session = some.version

This will override the versions.cfg that is included.

If the error goes away when you do this, this is a good indication that
Uli's theory is correct.