[Grok-dev] Building grok on windows with Python 2.6?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:21:25 EST 2009

Given the dating on those versions, I removed them from
versions.cfg_tmpl, deleted Sample, and ran "grokproject Sample" again.
This time it completed successfully, with no errors whatsoever.

Of course, it couldn't be that simple. :)

Trying to start it:
bin/paster serve etc/deploy.ini

Ends with:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (site.py, line 241)

I don't have a site.py locally, and investigation seems to indicate
this is from a file belonging to zope.app.component.3.4.1, which has
line 241 as:

                (registration.required, ) + registration.with,

And I suppose the syntax error would be "with" as a keyword in 2.6?

Adding the version information back into versions.cfg_tmpl, deleting
and grokprojecting again doesn't have any errors, and I can start it.
I think I will leave my investigation at that for now.

I really hope all windows users don't have this type of trouble trying
to start using Grok. But just in case, where would be the best place
to document my experience? I'll happily file bugs and even try to
debug and patch where I can. I'm in the process of pushing to get Grok
adopted at work, so getting this process stable is pretty valuable to
me.

Thanks for reading,
Alec