[Zip] Language specification

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:29:12 -0600

At 05:53 PM 1/29/2002 +0000, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > Also, a *good* language code will make a difference between Swedish and
> > Finnish Swedish. The iso codes doesn't do that.
>
>The language code do not, but the glibc locales use ISO language
>(ISO-639) + ISO country (ISO-3166 alpha2), for instance fr_CA is
>canadian french. We should use something like that, the HTTP and MIME
>specs uses it too (embodied in RFC 1766).

Actually, if you look at the IMessageCatalog, you will see a reference to
the RFC. The correctsyntax is en-CA I think.
We will actually take this further, so that we can also support domains,
like en-CA-calendar or en-UK-stars, which is all allowed according to the RFC.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter