[Zip] Refactored TAL I18n support

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 04:34:36 -0400

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 04:16, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> --On Mittwoch, Juli 03, 2002 04:00:04 -0400 Stephan Richter
> <srichter@cbu.edu> wrote:
> snipp
>
> > This is content translation, an area the Translation Service does not
> > intend  to address. However, for software translation I hope we will
> > never support  multiple directories for languages.
>
> what is the "recommended" solution for content-translation ?

Well, content translation is often very specific to an application, requiri=
ng=20
a specific workflow and lots of additional software to be written. In Zope =
3=20
we created an II18nAware interface, which signalizes that an instance of a=
=20
class that implements this interface in internationalized. Examples for thi=
s=20
are I18nFile/Image (both of which I will backport to Zope 2). The rest is t=
he=20
programmers job.

Regards,
Stephan