[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage modifiedInVersion KeyError -- how to correct and/or debug?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:42:04 -0400 (EDT)

  JWN> I have one zodb database from which I have exported a set of
  JWN> objects and then imported into another database.  I do not have
  JWN> any active versions however some or a subset of the objects
  JWN> seem to have a key defined.

I don't understand what you mean by "have a key defined."  Do you
think that some set of the objects are locked by a version even though
you didn't think you had any versions?  You can use the versions()
method on a storage to get a list of active versions.

  JWN> I tried examining the xml export but I cannot identify where
  JWN> the version information could possibly be stored. I would like
  JWN> to know if anyone can recommend how to cleanup and/or debug the
  JWN> error listed below.  I'm running zope 2.4.1, zeo-1.0b4, and
  JWN> python 2.1.1 on the solaris platform.

I'm afraid I don't know what the xml export is.  How did you
accomplish that?

  JWN> 2001-10-05T07:11:23 ERROR(200) ZEO Server error Traceback
  JWN> (innermost last):
  JWN>   File
  JWN> /opt/arseed/tfs-lib/zope/zope-2.4.1/lib/python/ZEO/StorageServer.py,
  JWN> line 286, in message_input
  JWN>     (Object: dispatcher)
  JWN>   File
  JWN> /opt/arseed/tfs-lib/zope/zope-2.4.1/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py,
  JWN> line 625, in modifiedInVersion
  JWN>     (Object:
  JWN>     /opt/arseed/tfs-app/ios04-zeo-2.3/var/data/Data.fs)
  JWN> KeyError: ^@^@^@^@^@^E<C2><EC>

The error in this traceback isn't related to versions specifically.
You'd get the same key error if you tried to load this key.  The
storage doesn't have an index record for the key.

Jeremy