[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2.0a1 release

Fri, 31 May 2002 16:52:29 +0100

On Friday 31 May 2002 4:18 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

Eeek - this came around quickly.

> If you're
> interested in contributing, now is a great time to propose changes.

Since you asked, I have a couple of ideas that have come out of my=20
DirectoryStorage work that I havent shared yet;

1. It would be nice for a server-side storage to be able to declare that =
he=20
has some extra methods that should be proxied from the ClientStorage. Tha=
t=20
could happen in ZEO1, but only by subclassing everything.

2. I am suprised that you have a DelayedCommitStrategy thing inside ZEO,=20
rather than extending the storage interface to allow concurrent commits.=20
(that would be a more obvious way to do it, but maybe not better). Thinki=
ng=20
aloud, maybe the storage object could be allowed to provide his own=20
DelayedCommitStrategy object?