[ZODB-Dev] ZEO2 - Zope Reliablity

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:44:13 +0000

On Friday 22 November 2002 11:54 pm, Nick Pavlica wrote:

> 2)  Use rsync to sync the data.fs file between the two servers.

This 'just works'. If you are familiar with FileStorage I suggest you go =
with=20
this.

Beware that rsync doesnt like the file being modified concurrently. You n=
eed=20
to copy the data.fs on the master into a temporary file, and rsync the=20
temporary.

> 3)  Use a script to tar and copy the production data.fs to the backup
> server on a fairly tight schedule.

Good if you need to keep history, but there will be alot of redundant=20
information in those tar files....

> I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Option 4) Look at DirectoryStorage - it was designed for exactly this typ=
e of=20
scenario. Its backup tool can create incremental tar files, and there are=
=20
plans for Q1 2003 to massage this incremental backup tool into a replicat=
ion=20
tool.

http://dirstorage.sourceforge.net