[ZODB-Dev] Error running test.py in zodb3.1b

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 02:01:44 +0200

At 18:58 2002-09-25 -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>I don't have time to dig up URLs tonight.  It was discussed on this
>mailing list a week or two ago.  The README.txt in cvs.zope.org/ZODB3
>also mentions it.

Ok, I can see that the most recent README says:

"There is a bug in Python 2.2.1 that causes crashes on some platforms.
If you are using Python 2.2.1, you should recompile Python with the patch in
`typeobject.patch` applied."

Is Windows affected? (I'm not clever enough to figure that out
from the source...)

If I recompile, is it only the python.exe that needs to
be replaced compared to a stock Windows 2.2.1? (My client
doesn't own a C++ compiler...)

>Python 2.2.2 should be out in a few weeks.

Ok. Considering what GvR wrote, I hope you aren't
waiting for PBF regarding that. I don't know about
the Lysator people, but it seems to me that the
PBF hasn't quite jelled yet...

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5