[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.3 beta 1 released

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 8 08:31:02 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 00:32, Fred Drake wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 12:00 am, Tim Peters wrote:
>  > As I understand it so far, zpkg was used to create the ZODB release
>  > tarball, but nothing in the generated setup.py within that tarball
>  > requires zpkg -- the generated setup.py is purely a distutils script.  A
>
> This is correct, partly.
>
> The setup.py included in the ZODB 3.3 beta 1 distribution is indeed a
> perfectly valid distutils script.  The distribution contains the library code
> needed from zpkgtools, the Python library behind zpkg; this is in the
> Support/ directory of the distribution.  (The zpkgtools library is used by
> both the zpkg script used to build the distribution and the setup.py in the
> distribution.)

Does this release still have the PKG-INFO that was generated by the old
setup.py and used to update the entry on PyPI?

Also (and I say this realizing that I haven't followed zpkg development
at all) is there any chance of getting a ZODB release where the code is
in some obvious looking place?  I'm sure I'm just confused because I'm
used to the old way of doing things, but I initially thought I had
grabbed the wrong thing because I couldn't find the source code.

Jeremy