[ZODB-Dev] ZCatalog and ZODB without Zope

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Tue Oct 12 00:02:19 EDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:22:42AM +0200, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Am Montag, 11. Oktober 2004 10:02 schrieb Andre Meyer:
> > Dear ZODB developers
> >
> > In the past I used Zope with ZCatalog for searching in the database. Now, I
> > want to have a stand-alone Python application to use the ZODB without Zope.
> >
> > Can I still use ZCatalog for indexing and searching? Are there better ways
> > to do so?
>
> I tried this some time ago, but if failed. There are too many dependencies on
> zope.

Same here.

> I managed to use ZCTextIndex with only ZODB. I build other indexes
> which share the same API like ZCTextIndex.
>
> Maybe IndexedCatalog of Christian Robottom Reis does fit your needs.

Indeed, it is quite possible (unless you need full-text indexing) to use
IndexedCatalog as a general indexing solution for simple-to-medium
complexity software; we use it as part of our retail management system
and it's always treated us very well (and we've hammered it in the head
the times it tried not to <wink>). We're always interested in more
users.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331