[ZODB-Dev] More exciting ZODB errors ;-)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 15 11:01:47 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote at 2005-12-14 12:05 -0500:
>>      return self.rpc.call('tpc_begin', id, user, descr, ext, tid, status)
>>    File "lib/python/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py", line 536, in call
>>      raise inst # error raised by server
>> StorageTransactionError: Multiple simultaneous tpc_begin requests from one
>client.

We see this occationally in ZODB 3.2 in the following situation:

  From time to time our ZEO (running on Solaris) fails
  to create a "TemporaryFile" (because Solaris raises
  an "OSError: error 11 -- resource temporarily unavailabe" from "fdopen").

  Apparently, ZEO does not expect this kind of exception and
  forgets to remove the lock set for this client.
  As a consequence, any further commit trial by this client
  results in the "Multiple simulataneous tpc_begin..." exception.

--
Dieter