[ZODB-Dev] Possible contributions to ZODB

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Jan 26 22:16:56 EST 2006

I have some code that might be worth putting into ZODB.

There are three bits.

- Two flavors of persistent queue.  Both have a conflict resolution
policy to be about as lenient as I could make it.  They don't expect
to ever hold multiple instances of equivalent values at the same
time.  One flavor puts all of the contents in a single data
structure, while the other divides it up into smaller persistent
objects, a la BTree/Buckets.  These might go in the persistent
package, but tests require ZODB, so I'm not sure.  See
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/poster/zope.zasync/queue.py?view=auto
and
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/poster/zope.zasync/queue.txt?view=auto

- Simple, somewhat inefficient approach to pickling methods.  I'm not
sure where this might go; maybe the persistent package again?  See
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/poster/zope.zasync/methodpickle.py?view=auto
and
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/poster/zope.zasync/methodpickle.txt?
view=auto

- Hacked version of MappingStorage (barely) appropriate for testing
conflict resolution code.  It might go in ZODB/tests/utils.  I'd need
something like it to include the persistent queue tests.  See
http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/poster/zope.zasync/tests.py?view=auto

Gary