[ZODB-Dev] RelStorage now in Subversion

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sun Jan 27 02:26:04 EST 2008

Hi all,

RelStorage now exists in the Zope subversion repository here:

   http://svn.zope.org/relstorage/trunk/

I have also created a wiki page:

   http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/RelStorage

Testing help and database-specific advice would be appreciated!  With
both PostgreSQL and Oracle, all relevant ZODB tests pass and I can
create a Plone 3 site, but I haven't tested other Zope applications,
more than one machine at a time, or Windows.

Furthermore, I wonder what suggestions any Oracle gurus might have.
According to charts I've made, Oracle appears to be leading already in
read performance (faster than PostgreSQL and FileStorage+ZEO), but the
write performance is plain dismal.  Is it because I'm using two-phase
commit?  I don't know.

Anyway, have fun with the code!  A release is planned for the end of
February.

BTW, thanks again to Jarn for making this possible.

Shane