[Zope-CMF] [dev] GenericSetup: more refactoring - a small proposal

yuppie y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Nov 10 07:44:54 EST 2005

Hi!

The setup handlers for adapter based import / export are just
boilerplate. I'd like to move the complete responsibility for setting up
tools to importToolset / exportToolset.

toolset.xml already contains all the necessary information if we use the
ID of the tool for computing the file names. catalog.xml would e.g.
become portal_catalog.xml.

GenericSetup would need some BBB code to handle CMF 1.5 profiles.
Old-style tool handlers can still have their own registry step.

This would make writing and maintaining tool handlers much simpler. On
the other hand we loose some flexibility:

- import/export of selected tools from a bigger profile: don't think we
really need that
- handling import dependencies: currently the 'workflow' step depends on
the 'typeinfo' step. AFAICS we can easily get rid of that dependency.

Nevertheless I think the refactoring would be an improvement and if
there are no objections I'll work on this change.

Cheers,

	Yuppie