[Zope-CMF] PersistentComponents: wrapped or not?

yuppie y.2007- at wcm-solutions.de
Mon Mar 12 15:59:49 EDT 2007

Hi!

Apparently I'm missing something because this doesn't make much sense to me:

ComponentRegistryXMLAdapterTests use
z.c.persistentregistry.PersistentComponents. These tests register
wrapped tools, the registry returns them with their original wrapper.

If I add transaction.commit(), I get a TypeError: "Can't pickle objects
in acquisition wrappers."

This is what I'd expect.

But:

Importing componentregistry.xml in CMF, wrapped tools are registered as
well. No error in that case, but unless re-wrapped by
five.localsitemanager's PersistentComponents, the registry returns
unwrapped tools.

Any idea what's different in the second case? Why does registerUtility()
work in that case, removing the wrapper without raising an error?

TIA,

	Yuppie