[Zope-Coders] hello, and introduction

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:55:24 +0200

Martijn Pieters wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:48:53AM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > As soon as I figure out what's up with the ssh-key business (I already mailed
> > a cry for help to the cvs master at cvs-admin@zope.org) I hope I'll (finally)
> > have the ability to do checkins. Yay! :)
>
> Yay! Welcome Martijn! Patience, addind the keys can sometimes take a while;
> if there are any probs, I am sure Ken (aka cvs-master) will sort them out in
> no time.

We'll see what happens today. I'm patient. I'm very patient. :)
Did I say how patient I was?

[snip]
> > I'm Martijn (not the Other Martijn, but in case of confusion I listen to
> > MartijnF and even to Bob :). I've been active in the Zope community for
> > a couple of years now. I've been active in the Python community for a
> > bit longer, so some of the PythonLabs crew know me as well.
>
> Oi, that's the Original Martijn, to you... And no staning on more years in
> the Python Community either!

Oh, I wasn't. I doubt I've been using Python for longer than you anyway.
But I'm the Martijn, you can be The Original Martijn if you insist. :)

[snip]
> > The ParsedXML DOM wrapper implementation for DOM/Zope integration was
> > rather painfully slow, so I've recently rewritten this to be a lot faster.
> > I can now soon proceed to check in this new code. :)
>
> More because I haven't had the time to open up a sandbox and do it for him.
> But that hurdle (me) is now no longer in your way. Go for it if the tests
> pass (those that passed without your change, anyway.. ahem).

I made sure those tests that pass do pass. :)

[snip]
> You may want to reconfigure Mutt first; you had a Mail-Followup-To header of
> 'faassen, zope-coders@zope.org', which in my case would have sent a copy to
> faassen@zope.com.. Upgrade to Mutt 1.3.22 while you are at it :)

Peculiar; hadn't noticed that before. I'll check that out.

Regards,

Martijn