[Zope-Coders] removing RCS ids causes error on startup

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:28:44 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Did you mean to use "cvs update -dP -r brian-foo-branch"?  That way you
> get the repository as Brian sees it.  -j gives you a combination of
> whatever branch you're in and the given branch, which might not be
> compatible.

Here's what I did:

Checked out my ZCatalog cleanup branch like this:
# cvs -d :ext:stevea@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository co Zope \
     -d zcatalog_work -r stevea_zcatalog_api_cruft_cleanup-branch

Looked at changes between HEAD and my branch:

# cvs -q diff -kk -c -r HEAD > /tmp/diffs.txt

Merged the recent changes from the head into my branch:

# cvs update -kk -d -j HEAD

committed the changes onto my branch

# cvs commit

(The # is a convenience... I'm not really working as root!)
--
Steve Alexander