[Zope-Coders] how are we doing?

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:57:24 -0500

> It occurs to me now that the Collector downage may have contributed to
> lack of checkins as well.

Speaking of that - now that the Son of Collector is resurrected,
I'd really, really, really, really, really, really, (really:)
love to start recruiting a core of people with commit privs
and start working out a process for bug squashing.

I believe that everyone who has CVS write access is listed as
a "supporter" in the new Collector, meaning that they can
assign (and accept) issues.

A process where a only a few people sort through and assign
issues won't scale - we wanted it set up so that all supporters
could accept and resolve issues on their own initiative. My hope
is that over time a core group will develop whose specialty is
implementing bug fixes and feature requests (where the features
are too small to warrant full-blown projects). This will also
provide a great (and much needed) way for people to participate
who don't have the time for large projects.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com