[Zope-Coders] Environment variables

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:56:40 -0400

Next brief topic up for discussion: instance.conf is going to at
least support environment variable setting, a la

[Environment]
STUPID_LOG_FILE=/foo/bar/baz
STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY=-200

However, I'd rather go down the path of eliminating environment
variables for specifying future behavior entirely.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to take an instance of my
runtime-overridable ConfigParser that is almost done being written
in and make it available globally somehow, so we could at least
eliminate future os.environ use.  Since this would (I assume) involve
putting this into the globally available namespace, and probably
has lots of ramifications I don't understand, I'd like an experienced
commentary on how best to do this.