[Zope-Coders] expat fun & games

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:46:30 +0100

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> Um, for the 2.5 official distros, I don't include ParsedXML any more ;)

ParsedXML was never distributed by any distros. I'm just trying to make
it work on Windows without having to compile the Expat parser included with
ParsedXML. As nobody on Windows has a compiler really, at least I don't. :)

> I got the impression it was causing more problems than it was worth.

I'm not sure what you mean here. ParsedXML is causing me no end of problems
but since I'm maintaining it that's how it should be, right? :)
Of course I'd appreciate some help with some of the unicode/parser issues/
crashes..

> However, the Windows distributed binary Python is the one from
> PythonLabs; so if it includes pyexpat than you've got it.

I thought you said you included a pyexpat in an earlier post to this list,
for the windows distribution. Anyway, then I'm complaining about whatever
pyexpat it may be. Not all pyexpat's with version 2.45 are created the same..

I just tried installing PyXML 0.7 which also includes a pyexpat, and that one
*does* make ParsedXML on Windows, so I'm happy now. It's still tricky to
install PyXML on windows with Zope though.. it doesn't find Zope's Python,
and so you need to have another Python installed, run the installer,
copy over the _xmlplus directory to Zope's python's lib dir, and then it
seems to work...

Regards,

Martijn