[Zope-Coders] Heads up - setup.py

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:36:56 -0400

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 01:06:45PM -0400, Matt Behrens wrote:

> That did get me thinking though, any objections to having wo_pcgi.py
> modified to do build_ext -i instead of the old walk-for-Setups?

Hey, I have an objection. :-D

Right now, if people have Python 2.2 and go to compile Zope with
the old-skool method, they get stopped in their tracks and must at
least read up a little bit in order to find out that 2.2 is
unsupported.

We could display a "please don't do this, think of your mother"
message but it's gonna get lost in the long output.

I'm thinking stopping the build dead in its tracks unless someone
sets the environment variable
"NO_I_REALLY_DO_WANT_TO_USE_AN_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION_OF_PYTHON" is a
good idea here.