[Zope-Coders] Creating a "default" error_log object

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:18:34 -0400

While editing the Zope Book, it became apparent that the current state
of affairs wrt error messages shown to a user in a browser are
incorrect because the error message refers the user to the HTML source
for a traceback.  In Zope 2.6+, there are no tracebacks in HTML
source.

The standard_error_message is easy enough to fix (and maybe it has
been already and I'm using an old sandbox), but I'm wondering if we
should create a default error_log object at startup, so at least the
docs can point the user to a place where he can see the traceback
without needing to explain that he needs to set up an error_log object
himself.

- C