[Zope-Coders] Website regression testing tool now available

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
01 Mar 2002 10:15:26 +0000

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 21:11, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Seems like everyone has written such a tool and no one released it yet.
> Three website loadtests in one week................waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh
>
> Andreas

Andreas, I think you're the only one to release a load testing
framework; everyone else has been releasing functional unit test
frameworks.  Didn't Tres release a functional test thingy a few weeks
ago too?

I started trying Richard's tool yesterday.  One problem I had was that
designing the tests is fairly laborious.  The thought occured that the
Andreas-Tool could be used to 'record' individual test scenarios and
replay them somehow.  I haven't had a chance to look at the load test
tool yet - do those of you with experience writing / using these tools
think this might be a viable idea?

seb