[Zope-Coders] Win Source code building

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:47:50 -0500

Right.

In a nutshell, on Windows to build a source Zope, you run the VCVARS32
batch file, then run utilities\extensionbuilder.py -z

That won't let you make the WISE installer module, since we do binary
releases differently than source releases; effectively, after building
the .PYD files, I slurp them all up and copy them to a special binaries
directory, and then check them in to a binaries CVS tree.  The binary
build process unpacks each platform set of binaries over the checked out
source, along with whatever additional tools need to be unpacked to
actually package the release (like the WISE configuration file).