[Zope-Coders] A question on branches

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:00:51 +0000

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> I was planning to merge these for 2.6 too, so the easiest option for me is to
> use the one branch for both of these patches. However it is also nice to keep
> separate changes on separate branches.

It's not so much nice as essential. My view is that one branch should only be
used for developing one thing.

> Any suggestions?

Checkout the branch with the most changes and use that for your app.
Then do CVS diffs with the other branches which have the other patches and use
these and the 'patch' command to come up with your final working version, just
don't do a CVS commit in that version ;-)

cheers,

Chris