[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope] popen hangs on W2K

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 09 Mar 2002 09:24:48 +0000

Hi Thomas,

I've changed the list since I've mentioned this just recently...

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> popen3() of the python (2.1.2) which comes with zope hangs on W2K:
>
> (stdin, stdout, stderr)=popen3('wvWare -x wvware.xml foo.doc')
> text=stdout.read()
>
> --> read never ends.
>
> It works if wvware produces few output, but with larger files it hangs
> (0% CPU usage).

This is exactly what I was experiencing with the Zope 3 tests as well.

It's not limited to Win2K, I've had the same issue with Windows NT4 and Windows
2K, and it's not just python 2.1.2, I've had the same with 2.1.1 and 2.2.

I really don't know how to begin sorting this out, hopefully someone on this
list will pipe up, at least with the right place to ask these questions...

cheers,

Chris