[Zope-Coders] Who killed the Zope HEAD?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:28:39 -0500

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>  > This ain't good :-S
>
> Chris,
>
> Something has broken your build process pretty badly;  there is
> nothing per se wrong with the tests, which all pass on my Unix
> boxen.
>
> Note that mixing the CMF tests in is confusing to members of
> Zope-coders:  most won't know those tests or be able to verify
> them, and they throw off the count of total tests (1699 in Shane's
> report, which has strangely not shown up yet this morning).

The test processes hung last night at 0% CPU.  After some investigation,
I learned that Python hangs, consistently, when trying to run
PackableStorage.checkPackAllRevisions() in bsddb3storage.  I can't kill
the process the normal way, which usually means there is a locking problem.

A little more investigation, and I found a one-line change made
yesterday to bsddb3storage:

http://cvs.zope.org/StandaloneZODB/bsddb3Storage/bsddb3Storage/BerkeleyBase.py.diff?r1=1.15&r2=1.16&hideattic=0

I reverted this change on my sandbox and guess what, the test worked
again.  Mr. "htrd", please tell us what this change does and what side
effects it might have.

Shane