[Zope-Coders] Zope HEAD doesn't compile on Windows

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:49:05 -0500

> What does this module do?  I see that it checks the return value of the
> initgroups system call, what does that mean?

initgroups initializes the group list before a setuid call.  If you
don't call initgroups, you'll still be able to do anything that a member
of a group that root was a member of could do, and won't be able to do
anything by virtue of any groups the user you are setuiding to had that
root didn't also have.

In this way it's both important for security and for expected behavior.