[Zope-Coders] setup.py

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 16:29:39 -0400

> 1.  How is setup.py currently used to build modules in-tree, for use
> with the testrunner?  build_ext throws stuff into build/lib.platform
> directories.  I'd like to at least run tests before thinking about
> merging :-D

The docstring says:

Common usage: python setup.py build_ext --build-lib `pwd`/lib/python

I've used that and it indeed builds the extensions in-place (and
with less fuss than wo_pcgi.py).

> 3.  I'm not building anything that's not in the Zope module within the
> Zope setup.py.  So anything ZEO, etc. needs to be built in its own
> setup.py-age.

I don't understand what you're saying here.  Are you just telling us
that you're not creating a setup.py for ZEO?

Question: how does your setup.py affect standalone ZODB?