[Zope-Coders] Python 2.2 and Zope 2.6

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 10:01:04 -0400

>>Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com> wrote:
>>>Jup, that is the reason. The HEAD currently does not work with Python
>>>2.2 except Shane's branch I think. So we can not proclaim the usage
>>>of Python 2.2 and (at least) I recommend 2.1.3.

Actually, I've been running the HEAD with Python 2.2, both for testing
and for all development.  A few months ago I made a couple of small
changes to the HEAD to make it compatible with 2.2, but other than that,
I haven't seen a single sign of trouble.  I think we should declare Zope
2.6 as compatible with both Python 2.1 and Python 2.2 (once the
Solaris/*BSD issues have been resolved).

I don't have any active CVS branches right now.

Shane