[Zope-Coders] Re: merge topicindex/pathindex changes to 2.7 branch?

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Tue Aug 26 16:49:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 11:30, Andreas Jung wrote:
> I think there should not be any backwards compatibilty issues ...at least
> I tested the changes with two older sites. However I hesistated a bit
> because
> 2.7 is already in beta stage.  It would be fine to have the changes in 2.7
> so
> they can be merged if you want the improvements in 2.7.

OK, this kind of change (although extensive) is still nominally a "bug fix"
if it doesn't introduce any backwards compatibility issues and it doesn't
add any extensive functionality.  But on further consideration let's hold off
on merging it until b3, as the primary goal of releasing a beta today is to
put one of our customers on a "released" version of 2.7 and I haven't tested
the application with your changes. ;-)

- C