[Zope-Coders] Win32 Tests - Zope HEAD

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:37:59 -0400

[Chris Withers]
>> Python Version:2.2.3 (#42, May 30 2003, 18:12:08) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
>>
>> Modules included:
>> Zope (HEAD)
>>
>> Module testClassSecurityInfo.py failed to load
>> exceptions.ImportError: No module named Acquisition
>>   File "D:\ZopeTests\sandbox\Zope\utilities\testrunner.py", line 67,
>>     in getSuiteFromFile module=imp.load_module(name, file, pathname,
>>   desc) File "testClassSecurityInfo.py", line 15, in ?
>>     import os, sys, unittest, ZODB, Globals
>>   File "D:\ZopeTests\sandbox\Zope\lib\python\Globals.py", line 23,
>>     in ? import Acquisition, ComputedAttribute, App.PersistentExtra,
>> os

> I'm guessing this means the compilation is going awry.

Can't guess from here.

> Anyone got any ideas?

Do you start from a fresh checkout, or update into a Zope tree you've used
before?  Whenever I see a baffling import error, it usually goes away if I
blow away everything and start over from scratch.

I ran the Zope HEAD tests today (via

    \python22\python utilities\testrunner.py -v2 -a

) from a fresh checkout, Win2K + Python 2.2.3.  No problems.  In particular,

testSetPermissionDefault
 (AccessControl.tests.testClassSecurityInfo.ClassSecurityInfoTests) ... ok

was the first test to get run, so it certainly loaded
testClassSecurityInfo.py without complaint.