[Zope-Coders] Win32 Tests - Zope HEAD

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:08:06 -0400

[Tim]
>> Do you start from a fresh checkout, or update into a Zope tree
>> you've used before?

[Chris Withers]
> Always always always a fresh checkout :-)

Good!

> (it's part of the autotester code...)

I looked for that once, but gave up without success.

> How did you build it?

    \python22\python setup.py build_ext -i

> Before I went on holiday, the correct way, even on Windows, was to do:
>
> D:\ZopeTests\sandbox\Zope>configure
>
> D:\ZopeTests\sandbox\Zope>nmake testinst

Cool -- I've never seen that before, and had no idea it ever worked on
Windows.  According to whom was it "the correct way" on Windows?  Presumably
whoever that was could tell you "the correct way" now.

> ...but the configure part of that no longer works, so nmake doesn't
> know how to build testinst.
>
> What should I be doing?

I don't know.  setup.py works for me.