[Zope-Coders] Re: Zope 2.7 alpha - when?

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:31:30 +0200

Hi Brian!

Brian Lloyd wrote:
> Agreed - let's shoot for this Friday (6/13). Anyone on zope-coders who is
> still working on anything for the 2.7 release, please try to have it checked
> in (and verify unit tests run, etc.) by Wednesday to give a little time for
> testing and packaging. Please make sure you've updated CHANGES.txt as well
> if
> you've added anything for 2.7.

yuppie-ordersupport-branch is still not merged into HEAD.

After giving a heads-up [1] at Zope-Dev, there started a new discussion
if the normal Folder should have OrderSupport or if there should be an
extra OrderedFolder. Shane, who was one of the biggest opponents of
OrderSupport for normal Folders, declared himself 'outnumbered' [2] at
the end of the discussion.

[1] <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-May/019516.html>
[2] <http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2003-May/019623.html>

Brian, could you please comment on this? You ok'ed the OrderedFolder
solution. Do you still believe this is the way to go?

I prefer to give the normal Folder OrderSupport, but I don't want to
decide this.

If the basic question (Folder or OrderedFolder) is resolved, I'll try to
finish the branch until Wednesday and merge it. If there is no new
decision, I'll stick to the ok'ed proposal and merge the OrderedFolder
solution.

Cheers,

Yuppie