[Zope-Coders] Wrong username and password == Anonymous User?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 04:10:34 EDT 2005

Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>I don't think that's the case. I have a specific requirement on the
>>project I'm currently working on to know who the current user is, even
>>if the something is anonymously accessible.
>
> So you *allow* authorization, and use it, but you don't *require* it.

No. I was to authenticate when credentials are present rather than
waiting until authorization is required before starting ot look for
authentication credentials...

>>Perhaps userfolders should have the opportunity to do something as
>>they're traversed through to authenticate, rather than waiting until
>>something that requires authorisation kicks them off?
>
> Sounds reasonable.

Any ideas where/how that should be implemented?

>>Well, I have to say I was really disappointed when I read the W3C specs
>>for response codes. They freely interchange authentication and
>>authorization, which are two totally different concepts :-(
>
> Right.

Well, I hope you use of "authorization" after "*allow*" was an accident
then ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk