[ZCM] [ZC] 102/ 3 Reject "Problems in managing security settings"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:16:38 -0400

Issue #102 Update (Reject) "Problems in managing security settings"
 Status Rejected, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/102

= Reject - Entry #3 by matt on Aug 14, 2002 11:16 am

This is as designed, manager does NOT have all rights -- manager is a Role like any other.
= Accept - Entry #2 by Caseman on Jun 20, 2002 2:40 pm

 Supporters added: Caseman

= Request - Entry #1 by lheber on Dec 21, 2001 10:05 am

When trying to manage security settings I ran into two different problems:

1:
Manager, who should have all permissions, does not get new created rights for ZClasses in subfolders automatically.
I cannot remember anymore whether this is also the case in the root folder...

2:
This is the worse thing: As I said, Manager doesn't have every permission in the subfolder. I don't want to click every permission.
So I followed the Link "Manager" to set manager options within the drop-down menu. But here, ALL permissions are checked!!!
When saving this and returning to the Security tab however, the old situation remains. So, I do have to enable each single permission.

I'm not totally sure if this are bugs, but I couldn't find a mistake with my doing...