[ZCM] [ZC] 192/ 7 Resolve "Z SQL Methods cannot be edited"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:46:43 -0400

Issue #192 Update (Resolve) "Z SQL Methods cannot be edited"
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/192

= Resolve - Entry #7 by matt on Aug 14, 2002 11:46 am

OK looks like you solved your own problem :)
= Comment - Entry #6 by kteague on Feb 4, 2002 6:29 pm

I upgraded another diferrent Zope installation to 2.5.0, and the
Z SQL Methods worked fine there. So this bug appears to
be caused by the interaction of other installed Products.
(instalation one has ZMySQLDA and ZPsycopDA for instance,
while the other install just has ZPsycopDA).

I tested my changes on the other installation and everything
worked OK there.
= Comment - Entry #5 by kteague on Feb 4, 2002 3:29 pm

I've uploaded hacked versions of SQL.py and __init__.py
that "work for me". Not quite sure if there are bugs in
Zope 2.5.0 or if it's something funny with my Zope
installation - I've only tested it on one install.

The changes to the new versions of the file are mostly
cosmetic. The newer security mechanism is used, as well
as the initialization has been moved into SQL.py.

Also, the lengthy doc string has been moved into the README file.
= Comment - Entry #4 by kteague on Feb 4, 2002 3:24 pm

Uploaded:  "README.txt"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/192/README.txt/view

= Comment - Entry #3 by kteague on Feb 4, 2002 3:23 pm

Uploaded:  "init__.py"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/192/init__.py/view

= Comment - Entry #2 by kteague on Feb 4, 2002 3:23 pm

Uploaded:  "SQL.py"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/192/SQL.py/view

= Request - Entry #1 by kteague on Feb 1, 2002 2:34 pm

In the ZSQLMethods Product, the dtml/edit.dtml
screen does not appear to work. It cannot find the
method SQLConnectionIDs. This method is defined
in the __init__.py file in a method dictionary,
while the method itself lives in SQL.py. The workaround that I used to solve this problem was
to move the actual SQLConnectionIDs method so that
it was part of the SQL class.