[ZCM] [ZC] 528/ 1 Request "XML-RPC breaks with Cookie Crumbler"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:50:06 -0400

Issue #528 Update (Request) "XML-RPC breaks with Cookie Crumbler"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug low
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/528

= Request - Entry #1 by bkc on Aug 19, 2002 1:50 pm

HTTPRequest.processInputs changes the REQUEST_METHOD to an empty string when handling an xml-rpc request.

This causes Cookie Crumbler to fail because the REQUEST_METHOD is not in (GET,POST,PUT).

The comment in HTTPRequest says "We don't want index_html!" which is nuts, because REQUEST_METHOD must be "POST" to process an xml-rpc request.

I think this line should be removed from HTTPRequest:

other['REQUEST_METHOD']='' # We don't want index_html!