[ZCM] [ZC] 540/ 3 Comment "Local roles don't work when name of user doesn't match id"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:18:48 -0400

Issue #540 Update (Comment) "Local roles don't work when name of user doesn't match id"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/540

= Comment - Entry #3 by jens on Aug 27, 2002 12:18 pm

djay,

if the user folder you use happens to be the LDAPUserFolder (which i know had this problem) then you should upgrade it to the latest version which has this specific "problem" fixed.

jens

= Comment - Entry #2 by jens on Aug 27, 2002 12:18 pm

djay,

if the user folder you use happens to be the LDAPUserFolder (which i know had this problem) then you should upgrade it to the latest version which has this specific "problem" fixed.

jens

= Request - Entry #1 by djay on Aug 27, 2002 3:45 am

The code in User.py tries to match user.getUserName() to the values stored in __ac_local_roles__, however user.getId() is what is added to the local roles (in fact user paths should be too but that's a different issue). In my case I'm using a UserFolder that has users where getUserName() returns a different value from getId(), which seams reasonable behaviour except for this inconsitency with local roles