[ZCM] [ZC] 329/ 4 Resolve "FTP server causes problems"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:22:15 -0400

Issue #329 Update (Resolve) "FTP server causes problems"
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/329

= Resolve - Entry #4 by ajung on Jun 20, 2002 1:22 pm

seems to be resolved..no further feedback from mr. withers.

-aj
= Comment - Entry #3 by ajung on Apr 2, 2002 10:09 am

Either the number of simulaneous connections exceeds the
limit of the FTPLimiter class or some FTP connections might
hang and the FTPLimiter is unable to decide either a connection
hangs or not.

The FTPLimiter class is boring easy to debug. It has
only a check_limit() method. Maybe try to increase the
number of connections when calling the constructor.
All the stuff is in ZServer/FTPServer.py.

-aj
= Comment - Entry #2 by ajung on Apr 2, 2002 10:03 am

Either the number of simulaneous connections exceeds the
limit of the FTPLimiter class or some FTP connections might
hang and the FTPLimiter is unable to decide either a connection
hangs or not.

The FTPLimiter class is boring easy to debug. It has
only a check_limit() method. Maybe try to increase the
number of connections when calling the constructor.
All the stuff is in ZServer/FTPServer.py.

-aj
= Request - Entry #1 by chrisw on Apr 2, 2002 9:50 am

> Niclas Kuehne wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Our Zope Server (Version 2.3) causes problems with the FTP login. After is is running
> for a while, I get the message
>
> 421 User limit reached. Closing connection.
>
> as soon as a user logs in. Restarting the server solves this problem, but is there
> another way to get rid of this error? I hear that other users have the same problem

I've also experienced this on 2.4. Somethign somewhere is leaking users.