[ZCM] [ZC] 267/ 1 Request "VHM and CookieCrumbler"

Collector: Zope Bugs and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 02:00:29 -0500

Issue #267 Update (Request) "VHM and CookieCrumbler"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/267

= Request - Entry #1 by magnus on Mar 6, 2002 2:00 am

I can verify this. Same thing happens here too.

I had to redirect login_form to :8080 before, since I could not login to CMF
otherwise, using VHM.

I changed auth_cookie from __ac to __ac_, and now I can login through VHM...

Bug... I'll put it in the Collector.

(I'm using a week old cvs snapshot of Zope-2_5-branch and CMF1.2)

/Magnus

> I started debugging Zope. I found that the various methods in
> CookieCrumbler are called and should normally set a cookie for
> auth_cookie.
>
> However, under VHM operation, this does not happen when auth_cookie ==
> '__ac'
>
> I changed the name of the authentication cookie to __ac_erp5 in the CMF
> (www.erp5.org is the site I am working on).
>
> Everything works fine now.
>
> I have absolutely no idea what it can mean.
>
> As a reminder, I had no problems for 6 months and suddenly, after a small
> upgrade, all this strange behaviour started.

I could find out that certain cookie names work, some others do not

Works

__ac_
__ac_ra
__ac_rak1
__ac_nex1
__ac_erp5

Does not work

__ac
__ac_rack1
__ac_rack12

Really strange.

JPS.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes <jp@nexedi.com> - Nexedi (CEO)
GPG Fingerprint: 40FF FA78 75AA 680D 8BB4  EEF9 539A 79CC CB8E 5F01