[ZCM] [ZC] 168/ 2 Comment "unrestrictedTraverse and URLS ending in slash"

Collector: Zope Bugs and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 09:14:17 -0500

Issue #168 Update (Comment) "unrestrictedTraverse and URLS ending in slash"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/168

= Comment - Entry #2 by regebro on Mar 17, 2002 9:14 am

In fact, this was fixed in 2.4.0, but I somehow failed to notice when I checked. It can be closed.
= Request - Entry #1 by regebro on Jan 23, 2002 6:30 am

if you give unrestrictedTraverse an URL ending in a slash it will fail, since it tries to traverse a path that ends in a ''.
The solution is simply to check for and remove any trailing slashes (except for root of course, which consists of only a single slash).