[ZCM] [ZC] 542/ 2 Comment "manage.addDocument creates methods"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders@zope.org
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:46:13 -0400

Issue #542 Update (Comment) "manage.addDocument creates methods"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/542

= Comment - Entry #2 by gregn on Oct 7, 2002 5:46 pm

This also happens when the function is called from a method, i.e.:

<dtml-call "manage_addDocument('hi2','display a greeting','Hello world!')">

adds a document. Attempts to assign properties to the new object fail.

It appears to be a long-running bug, as I've encountered it in
Zope 2.4.3 running on Solaris.

= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Aug 27, 2002 6:36 pm

The manage.addDocument function when called from a python script creates a DTML Method instead of a DTML Document. I have not tested the function from other types of documents. The manage.addDTMLMethod also adds a method.