[ZCM] [ZC] 792/ 3 Comment "utext not offered in properties"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:48:06 -0500

Issue #792 Update (Comment) "utext not offered in properties"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/792

= Comment - Entry #3 by mprudek on Feb 4, 2003 8:48 am

I never heard about management_page_charset property before. Consequently, I did not set it. I experienced issue 792 with vanilla Zope 2.6.1 beta 2.

= Comment - Entry #2 by htrd on Feb 4, 2003 7:53 am

2.6.1 will inhibit the unicode property option if you have set a management_page_charset property. This property is a transitional tool for users who were previously storing non-latin1 text in 8 bit string properties.

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-December/018261.html

http://collector.zope.org/Zope/737

I can not reproduce this unless this property is defined. Please confirm if this applies to your, or provide more details if it does not.

= Request - Entry #1 by mprudek on Feb 3, 2003 1:54 pm

ZClass property sheets allow text and utext, string and ustring (presumably a Unicode text and Unicode string?). However, DTML document properties (in ZMI) only allow text and string, but not the utext and ustring.