[ZCM] [ZC] 791/ 4 Resolve "imported accented chars garbled"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:10:31 -0500

Issue #791 Update (Resolve) "imported accented chars garbled"
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/791

= Resolve - Entry #4 by htrd on Feb 12, 2003 6:10 am

> Last question: Can I compile python with Unicode support even if the
>   underlying system is not Unicode (Mandrake 9.0)?

yes. that is the default

> If I do, can I remove
>   the management_page_charset hack and still allow people with MSIE 6
>   submit data in Win-1250 AND Unicode?

Yes, that should be possible in your original configuration. Thats how my Zope applications work, and what the Zope unicode support was designed for.

> It would be beneficial if the management_page_charset hack
> was included....

Agreed, although Im sure it shouldnt be useful to you (although I dont 100% understand what you are doing). These references should expalin how it is supposed to work.

http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/unicode-zdg-changes
http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/unicode

= Comment - Entry #3 by mprudek on Feb 8, 2003 11:23 am

It would be beneficial if the management_page_charset hack was included in Zope Book and INSTALL.txt.

Last question: Can I compile python with Unicode support even if the underlying system is not Unicode (Mandrake 9.0)? If I do, can I remove the management_page_charset hack and still allow people with MSIE 6 submit data in Win-1250 AND Unicode?

= Comment - Entry #2 by mprudek on Feb 8, 2003 10:13 am

Issue resolved by adding  management_page_charset
 to site root as a property with value "8859-2".
= Request - Entry #1 by mprudek on Feb 3, 2003 1:51 pm

Uploaded:  "png_tar_gz"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/791/png_tar_gz/view
Import of data (exported from Zope 2.5.1) into Zope 2.6.1 beta 2 garbles Czech accented characters (ISO-8859-2 and Windows-1250 codepage).