[ZCM] [ZC] 817/ 1 Request "Version commit problems"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:24:51 -0500

Issue #817 Update (Request) "Version commit problems"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/817

= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Feb 20, 2003 6:24 pm

Working in a version, newly created content doesn't get added when the version is saved. The "Version Management" screen shows "no non-empty versions" yet there are still version locks for the changes on the respective objects.

If you just make changes without adding any new content, it works fine.

I tracked down the problem to a change made between Zope-2.6.0 and Zope-2.6.1. In ZODB/FileStorage.py, around line 576, the following was added:

>                # Once we've found the data we are looking for,
>                # we can stop chasing backpointers.
>                break

If you comment out this break, all works fine again.

Not sure if this is completely clear. There's a thread on the zope list about this issue, it might help clarify things:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2003-February/131336.html