[ZCM] [ZC] 825/ 1 Request "Identical property name and value causes trouble"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:21:47 -0500

Issue #825 Update (Request) "Identical property name and value causes trouble"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/825

= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Feb 26, 2003 8:21 am

Selection and multiple-selection properties don't seem to display a list of values when the property name and property value are identical.

For example: I created a simple Python script that returns a tuple of strings.  I called it "categories".

I then created a folder, and created a new "categories" property within the folder.  The type was set to be "multiple selection", and the value was set to be "categories", meaning that the list of values should be taken from the "categories" Python script.

However, when the property name and value are identical (on selection and multiple selection properties only), Zope displays an empty selection list.  If any other properties are using the same Python script, then they also get empty selection lists.  (No, there's no good reason to do that.)

Zope should either forbid identical names and values, or should display things appropriately.