[ZCM] [ZC] 746/ 4 Edit "dtml-sendmail expected string, unicode found"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 05:39:42 -0500

Issue #746 Update (Edit) "dtml-sendmail expected string, unicode found"
 Status Deferred, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/746

= Edit - Entry #4 by htrd on Jan 14, 2003 5:39 am

 Changes: edited transcript, importance (critical => medium)
= Defer - Entry #3 by htrd on Jan 14, 2003 5:38 am

You must also have a unicode string inside the tag - that is the only condition for dtml to create unicode output.

I guess the right behaviour here is for the tag to sniff some headers and perform an encoding, the same way ZPublisher does for http responses. This is not candidate for 2.6.x.
= Comment - Entry #2 by mjablonski on Jan 14, 2003 5:06 am

I cannot reproduce this error with 2.6-HEAD on linux. I tried:

<dtml-sendmail mailhost=MailHost>