[ZCM] [ZC] 830/ 2 Resolve "problems to change inituser and access files"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Fri, 02 May 2003 10:15:28 -0400

Issue #830 Update (Resolve) "problems to change inituser and access files"
 ** Security Related ** (Public)
 Status Resolved, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/830

= Resolve - Entry #2 by ShaneH on May 2, 2003 10:15 am

Use Python 2.1 or better to call zpasswd.py.  Your system python is probably version 1.5.2, which does not support string methods like "upper".

= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Feb 28, 2003 6:48 am

This is what I have when I want to change user and password. The most critical thing is that I don't have any emergency user available.
The last time, I had a problem of login (even if login and password are correct) since I wouldn't manage to resolve this problem, I decided to re install whole Zope. But I don'twant to do it again.

[root@tc-zope Zope-2.6.1-linux2-x86]# python zpasswd.py access
Username: superuser
Password:
Verify password:

Please choose a format from:

SHA - SHA-1 hashed password (default)
CRYPT - UNIX-style crypt password
CLEARTEXT - no protection

Encoding: SHA
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "zpasswd.py", line 200, in ?
    if __name__=='__main__': main(sys.argv)
  File "zpasswd.py", line 184, in main
    if encoding.upper() in ['SHA', 'CRYPT', 'CLEARTEXT']:
AttributeError: 'string' object has no attribute 'upper'
[root@tc-zope Zope-2.6.1-linux2-x86]#

I don't know why but I think something is wrong in the zpasswd.py script or examples are incorrect