[ZCM] [ZC] 693/ 4 Comment "optional _properties keys 'title' and 'descr'"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 05:47:37 -0400

Issue #693 Update (Comment) "optional _properties keys 'title' and 'descr'"
 Status Rejected, Zope/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/693

= Comment - Entry #4 by to_be on May 19, 2003 5:47 am

> The suggested features can easily be implemented in 3.party-Products.

Of course it can; but it would be nice to have a standard, preventing the wheel getting re-invented 100s of times.

>   Introdrucing a new "description"-property for all SimpleItems will
>   probably break existing products / installations...

I doubt this! These are *optional* property keys. Other products which override the propertyManager themselves are not affected.

= Reject - Entry #3 by ajung on May 18, 2003 12:17 pm

= Comment - Entry #2 by mjablonski on May 18, 2003 8:31 am

The suggested features can easily be implemented in 3.party-Products. Introdrucing a new "description"-property for all SimpleItems will probably break existing products / installations...

Suggestion: Issue should be closed.
= Request - Entry #1 by to_be on Nov 22, 2002 5:58 pm

It would be nice if manage_changePropertiesForm would support the two additional (and, of course, optional) keys 'title' and 'descr':

* title would be displayed instead of the (sometimes ugly) property name

* descr (description) could be used as a title for the whole table row which would be displayed as a tooltip

I implemented this in a derived product and it works just fine...